18 08 2023
What Are The Benefits And Disadvantages Of Book Translation Services?
Translation of books is very different from other variations of translation projects. A linguist acts as the author of an already-published book. However, the linguist will be working according to the requirements of the original author of the book that needs to be translated.
Is it true that book translation has benefits and disadvantages?
Yes, according to the professional opinion of a revered book translator associated with a top translation agency, it is true that book translation entails a fair share of benefits and disadvantages. The following sections will shine a light on some of them.
- According to experts from the top 10 translation companies, translating a book to all known international languages and their respective dialects can help an author future-proof the success of their work. An author can also tread the extra mile and ensure that the translation of their work is made to suit the bespoke publishing requirements for hardcover, e-book as well as paperback editions of their work.
- Translating books can also help authors to increase and secure revenue streams from their literary work(s).
- With help from the best translation company in India, authors can increase their fan base and include readers from all walks of life, from all corners of the world to their fan base. In simple words, book translation services can help an author remain relevant for decades to come!
- When a book is translated into all the popular local, national and international languages as well as their respective dialects, the author will be able to build up global anticipation among their fan base for future titles!
According to the professional opinion of a quality control expert associated with a reputed translation service provider in India, book translation services also entail quite a few disadvantages for authors and the literary world as a whole. Two of them are mentioned in the sections below.
- When an author hands over their literary work(s) to the extremely talented linguists of a revered provider of language translation services, the author in question is in for a ride. It is no news that the translation of a book is a pretty complex and lengthy process. Hence, the author in question will be stuck in the creative process for months and even for more than a year if the literary work is huge and entails a series of follow-up books.
- Often translated books tend to entail instances of cultural mismatch especially when the targeted languages have cultural aspects that clash with the cultural aspects of the source material. Even if the translators associated with the book translation project at hand are veterans in the sector, the cultural aspects that may harm the sentiments of the targeted languages, locations and cultures could not be watered down despite the best efforts of the linguists associated with the project.
Hiring veteran book translators is key to the success of a translated book
Translating books is a complex process. For the best results, authors should make sure that their books are being translated by human linguists and not by mindless Artificial Intelligence backed online tools. AI-backed editing and translation tools have come a long way granted but they will never be able to match the ingenuity and creativity of a human linguist. If the reader of this post is an author who needs to translate their literary work(s) then it would be best to contact Bhasha Bharati Arts – a reputed language service provider with a pan-India presence and a business record that spans over three decades. Bhasha Bharati Arts has the resources to promote controversial and even banned books! This language service provider has time and again been hailed for its commitment towards its clients. For more details, one should contact Bhasha Bharati Arts today!