14 12 2017
The growth of Internet users in India has been phenomenal. In the last two years there has been doubling of Internet users. It is estimated that 6 million users will get added every month and by end of year 2017, we would cross 550 million. The key drivers of this growth are
- Government initiative in promoting Digital technology
- Localization of all government website in Indian Languages
- Availability of Smartphone at affordable prices
- Awareness of Internet usage and its advantage for ease of business transaction.
Make the right impact with your designs and localize your clients’ website in all Indian Language. Be a part of Digital India drive and make it happen.
Here are some of the facts and trends that will enable you to pitch for website localization.
- India ranks 2nd highest in terms of population.
- Although English will continue to be the link language, Internet Users will start demanding localization of content in their native language
- Total number of Internet users as on June 30, 2016 is 465 million
- The number of non-users of Internet is 865 million
- Even with current penetration of Internet Users at 34% India is far ahead of USA in terms of number of Internet Users.
- More than 75% of new users of Internet will emerge from Rural India
- Hindi will soon be a must for market penetration
With 465 million Indians already using Internet and 865 million Indians waiting in the wings, website Localization in all Indian Language offers a great advantage.